| Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 from Microsoft is a comprehensive financial and customer management solution designed to address the needs of small business. Integrated with Microsoft Office 2003 programs, it brings the power of Office programs to financial data. You can reuse data entered in other programs, such as Excel or the Microsoft Outlook messaging and collaboration client, saving time and eliminating data re-entry error. Its customizable Company Home page gives you an up-to-date view of important company information daily reminders, cash flow, bank account summaries, overdue customer accounts, vendor lists providing businesses the information they need at a glance. An easy-to-use reporting tool allows for a wide range of modification to each report. The small business manager can easily create quotes and invoices in Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager, link them to Small Business Accounting 2006 to update company financials, and export them to Word to customize with a personal message and the company logo. Real-time information is available quickly, allowing authorized employees and managers to get a complete view of changes to accounts as they occur. Packed with powerful features and more, the Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 provides powerful tools in your hands smoothing out the day-to-day tasks. |
- Seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft Office applications
- Features a flexible cash-flow management tool that keeps track of invoices, bills and payments to help businesses manage and predict cash flow easily
- Customizable Company Home page gives owners an up-to-date view of important company information
- Get detailed views and analyze business information with more than 60 customizable reports
- Easy-to-use reporting tool allows for a wide range of modification to each report
- Manage your business, finances, and customers in one familiar place.: Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 combines familiar Office programs with powerful new contact management and financial programs that work and look like Office. A Startup Wizard makes getting started easy. And the familiar Office interface enables business owners and managers to get right to work, without spending a lot of time on training.
- Full-featured accounting enables better business decisions.: No need to spend money and energy on a third-party bookkeeping program. Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006, the integrated accounting management solution, lets businesses effectively manage day-to-day financial tasks while getting a complete view of their finances. Automate payroll with ADP payroll services1, predict sales and cash flow, forecast inventory, track audits, analyze financial history, and track customer history and activity.
- Maintain and grow stronger customer connections.: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update, planned for availability in late June 2005, provides one central location for customer contact information, communication, and financial history. Employees can link e-mail messages, sales opportunities, and notes to the correct customer account in Small Business Accounting 2006, creating one centralized source for all the account information they need when talking with customers.
- Give sales and marketing materials a design-shop polish.: New templates and Easy Web Site Builder in Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 make it easy to create sales and marketing pieces with design-shop polish, but within a small business budget. Plus, using the latest data imported from Small Business Accounting 2006, companies can tailor publications to each client, incorporating the latest sales numbers in customized newsletters, brochures, catalogs, and more.
- Manage e-mail safely and efficiently.: The Outlook 2003 messaging and collaboration client includes increased security measures, such as blocking incoming messages that may contain viruses, and improved rules to reduce junk e-mail messages. Other improvements, such as a larger reading area, Mail Desktop Alert, Quick Flags, and Search Folders let employees sort and file messages quickly and promptly respond to customers. This translates into less time managing incoming mail and more time being productive.
- Work from a complete, in-depth view of business information.: The integration offered by Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 means a complete look at the state of the company is always one click away. More than 60 standard reports, along with the customizable Company Home page in Small Business Accounting 2006, give business owners a dynamic view of important company information, aggregated in real time from across the company. This can include cash flow status, vendors to pay, inventory, sales pipeline, project status, important reminders, and more.
- Empower employees with the information they need, anytime, anywhere.: Give employees access to the information that will make them most effective, whenever and wherever its needed. Core Office programs included in Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 integrate fully with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, enabling file sharing and collaboration, as well as synchronization of event and contact lists through Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update. For even more access, businesses can enable Pocket PC synchronization using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update, which lets field personnel stay up-to-date with the latest data and e-mail, while also updating customer information in the accounting program.
- Reduce errors by entering important data only once.: With Small Business Accounting 2006, companies can leverage existing data, for example, directly importing Microsoft Office Excel 2003 spreadsheets, or entering quotes, orders, invoices, and billable hours through Outlook. In addition, companies can use the Catalog Merge Wizard in Publisher 2003 to merge images and data from Excel or Microsoft Office Access 2003, and build customer publications for clients using the most up-to-date information.
- Impress customers with custom reports and multimedia presentations.: Using the Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 presentation graphics program, businesses can create presentations that include streaming audio and video, and then copy the presentation to the Web or a CD to share with customers.
- A solution for the unique needs of every small business.: Get one integrated software package that provides all of the tools to run a small business, whether that business is growing rapidly or just needs simpler and more efficient processes. Use a familiar interface to manage customers, finances, and employees. Finish daily tasks quickly, keep on top of the big picture, and have more time to spend on what matters most to you.
| System Requirements |
Processor: Intel Pentium 450-MHz or faster processor (Pentium III or equivalent recommended) Memory: 256MB of RAM or greater Hard Disk: 860MB of available hard-disk space; optional installation files cache (recommended) requires an additional 200MB of available hard-disk space Drive: CD-ROM or DVD drive Operating system: Local computer: Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3) Host computer: Windows XP Professional Edition or Microsoft Windows 2000 with SP3 Display: Super VGA (800 600) or higher-resolution monitor Sharing functionality: To share Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager or Office Small Business Accounting 2006, the host machine must be running Microsoft Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP Professional Edition, or later Other: Microsoft Exchange Server is required for certain advanced functionality in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003; Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality; certain inking features require Microsoft Office to run on the Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition; speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device; Information Rights Management (IRM) features require access to Windows Server 2003 running Windows Rights Management Services; third-party services including Automatic Data Processing (ADP) payroll are available for additional fees Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access (provided separately); local or long-distance charges may apply